Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lisa Lavie (Girlfriend can sing)

Lisa Lavie (This lady has a voice)

Strangely enough, I was searching for videos from the James Bond videogame Everything or Nothing, and I came across Lisa Lavie. This lady has an amazingly soulful voice. In an era where the awful Britney Spears types are the norm, it is refreshing to hear a deep voice with something that can actually sing.

I dig her low voice.

Did I also mention that she’s pretty attractive too?

Looking at her Wiki page, she is from Canada. She’s promotes her songs and her talent through the Internet and releases songs in the form of music videos/recording sessions. She does all this independently. Record labels and artists really need to take note, especially RIAA.

I could go on about how popular music today just sucks and labels need to look outside their narrow-minded views and look for people with actual talent instead of the computerized (pasteurized?) junk on the radio now. But I won’t go there. Oh, wait I just did.

Kind of funny I was looking for James Bond stuff.

Rihanna cover

I really like this one.

8 comments:

MC said...

This is going to blow your mind, but I too was looking for Everything or Nothing videos last night... mainly the intro. No word of it a lie.

Semaj said...

That's funny that we were both looking for it. I heard about it during a James Bond podcast.

I really was impressed with the game.

MC said...

I would highly recommend it. It was certainly a better Bond movie than Die Another Day (I mean, they got all to principles).

Semaj said...

Agreed, I even liked the intro song with Maya (sp?)

And, any game with Shannon Elizabeth will get extra points in my book too.

I really like the mixture of the Matrix and MGS gameplay in the game and the sound effects are great too.

PJ said...

She's got a great voice and style. Her vocals remind me of a cross between Mariah in the mid-90s, Anastacia and a lower-pitched version of Lucie Silvas. I'll check out her album.

Semaj said...

you're right she has a very Mariah vide, just with a lower voice. I think she has the same producer that worked with Mariah too.

Anonymous said...

Unpopular opinion, but I do think Britney Spears can sing, and is a much better singer than people give her credit for.

An acapella of her playing the piano to 'Everytime'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRhIo0UpUGg

An acapella of Madonna's 'Like A Prayer'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aam1_4p9Lo

A few live performers, some before she was signed to Jive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnd0dCf0aXU

Britney in the Mickey Mouse Club singing 'I'll Take You There'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmQH7zsFLWU

Semaj said...

Thanks for the videos Floacist

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47