Monday, August 17, 2009

The Wayans Brothers are doing White Chicks II

The Wayans Brothers are doing White Chicks again... (yes, I wrote it that way on purpose)

http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSTRE57G19P20090817

Great, more reverse ‘blackface’. The first film was just horrible, so now they’re making another one. Does that make sense?

I used to like In Living Color, but watching it recently has changed my view. That show hasn’t aged well at all. And, I started to hate the Wayans Brothers after Scary Movie 2 (I loved part 1).

From the link above,

((Keenen Ivory Wayans is on board to direct the sequel, which all three Wayans are writing. The plot of the new entry is being kept under wraps.))

I’m sure it is just another movie about the Wayans brothers dressing up as white chicks. There’s not much to keep under wraps.

((Keenan Ivory Wayans' last directing project was 2006's "Little Man."))

Uh, Little Man says a lot about Keenan’s directing talents. To be fair, he’s been busy with writing and TV shows.

I’m surprised no one noticed was that White Chicks and Little Man are the same premise. I wouldn’t be stunned if they combined White Chicks with the Little Man universe. However, I don’t want to give them any ideas.

Why make a sequel to an unfunny 2004 comedy that no one asked for in the first place? You don’t hear people saying, “Boy, I’d love to see another White Chicks movie from the Wayans Brothers.”

This needs to be stopped. Did anyone remember Big Mamma’s House II?

4 comments:

Lee Sargent said...

Wow I'm just speechless, surely the money that would go into that film would be better spent on... ummm ANYTHING!?!?!

Semaj said...

I'm guessing Little Man 2 is probably in the works too. And, you better believe the budget for he second film is going to be bigger.

What were they thinking?

MC said...

If Uwe Boll can get money to make movies, then this one seems like a no brainer (and who thought making another Deuce Bigalow was a good idea?)

Semaj said...

That's true. I guess White Chicks falls under the same grouping as Deuce Bigalow, because it made so much money on DVD and rentals that they made another movie.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47