Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Scrubs: Saved by the Bell

Scrubs: They're doing what with the show?

As I was reading through Forces of Geek, I came across a post about a format change in the show Scrubs. So, they're going to shift the show away from the hospital to the classroom. Medical school will be the focus.

My first thought was Parker Lewis Can't Lose, and then followed by Fame.

From TV Guide,

(("It's going to be a different show," creator Bill Lawrence told EW's Ausiello. "It'll still be life-and-death stakes, but if the show is just Scrubs again in the hospital with a different person's voiceover, it would be a disaster, and people would be mad." ))

I can see his point, but why not simply make it a spinoff instead? Will fans still follow the show after the format change? I do like that they're keeping Dr. Cox, because he's the best thing about that show.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47