Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson is dead at age 50 (RIP MJ)

Michael Jackson is dead at age 50 (RIP MJ)

From MTV.com,

((Michael Jackson died Thursday afternoon (June 25) at the age of 50 after suffering cardiac arrest, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Reports say the legendary pop singer suffered cardiac arrest at his home in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Holmby Hills and was not breathing and had no pulse when paramedics arrived after a 911 call around 12:26 p.m. PT. They administered CPR in the ambulance but were unable to revive him. At the hospital, staff attempted to resuscitate Jackson, but he was unresponsive. ))

I only heard about his death only a hour ago. I was riding my bicycle back to my car and a guy that just parked in the parking lot his car told me.

“Did you know Michael Jackson died?” he asked.

I at first thought it was just one of those rumors. “Really? I didn't think that would happened.” It started to sink in.

As I strapped my bike on my car, I thought about that time when I would play his Thriller record over and over again on my player downstairs. When I was still an happy little child, I remember getting hyped up when my local skating ring would pump up the MJ tunes. To say that MJ played a huge impact in my life is an understatement. I probably would have gotten into playing music if it wasn’t for him.

For many in my generation, he was the guy everybody listened to, and marveled at his amazing music videos. He took a dip in fame in recent years, but every MJ fan wanted to see him get back to his “Thriller” roots. That won't happen now.

He was deeply flawed man, but there is no denying that he turned R&B, Hip-Hop, and Pop into something bigger. He brought real music to Pop Music. Will there be anyone like him? Sadly, no.

I'll have more thoughts on him later.

He will be missed.

BTW, my MJ/Sonic 3 link is getting a lot of hits.

Listen to this remix Sonic 3/Stranger in Moscow

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47