Wednesday, June 10, 2009

15 words that made it

Cracked has the “15 Words you won't believe they added to the dictionary

I found their findings funny. I didn't know some of them.

Here are a few...

Blamestorming: People gather around to lay the blame on one person. I’ve seen this happen more than I’d to admit. People seem to be doing this more and more.

Gaydar: This one always bothered me. What if someone had this mutant power of telling if someone was gay or not? Is this acting like Deanna Troi? In the future, will there be a device that can tell us this?

Grrrl: I’m usually just confused by this one.

Threequel: Can’t we just call it part III or the third film? This sounds like the main character from the Monkey Island series.

Screenager: “A person in their teens or twenties who has an aptitude for computers and the Internet.” That’s called a nerd in these here parts.

Riffage: This is, “hey I forgot the notes to this song because I was drunk last night, and so I am going to riff on the strings to cover up.”

Ego-surfing: “Searching the Internet for instances of one's own name or links to one's own website.” I’m not going to lie, I done it. Admit it, you’ll feel better.

2 comments:

MC said...

I am used to seeing the word grrrl with the word "Riot" in front of it... so I have some context for its use.

Semaj said...

I can see that.

It's one of those words that really annoys me now, because it's something a hipster would use or a goth girl, to show she as attitude.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47