Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Racist E-mail (Go-forth and screw up)

I went back and forward if I was even going to post the picture, but here ya go.
__________________

What the heck is going on with the GOP?

Racist E-mail (Once again making fun of Obama.)

What is with these people? Every time they send out a picture that is considered racist, they act like they had no idea.

However, this incident is a little different. The woman who sent the racist e-mail picture admitted to sending the picture, and the best part is her response. (That's Sherri Goforth (Go Forth, git it?)

From thinkprogress.org,

((When I asked her if she understood the controversial nature of the photo, Goforth would only say she felt very bad about accidentally sending it to the wrong list. When I gave her a second chance to address the controversial nature of the email, she again repeated that she only felt bad about sending it to the wrong list of people.

I went on the wrong email and I inadvertently hit the wrong button,” Goforth told NIT. “I’m very sick about it, and it’s one of those things I can’t change or take back.”))

Okay, that doesn’t help your case does it?

It’s one thing for a professional comedian to make off colored remarks, that’s his job, but a member of a government staff is a different story all around. It stupid to send the picture over a government computer in the first place, and just dumb to think someone is not going to leak it to the press. However, her regretting sending it to the wrong list is just plain stupid.

I'm not offended by the photo really. I'm offended that she either refuses to admit that the picture would upset some people or her apology is worth anything. At least forward something funny next time, this is not even funny. Come up with something more clever next time.

Something tells me Goforth will be searching for a new job soon. But, somehow she still has a job now. I remember a supervisor at my work sent sex-filled e-mails to his girlfriend that also worked for the company, and they both were fired. Why is Goforth still working?

Further reading here and here.

Read more here at Jim Voorhies.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47