Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Top Ten Movie Scores (5-4)

I figured I do two more in my Top Ten Movie Scores. (5-4)

5. Close Encounters of the Third Kind: John Williams does it again with a wonderful score. It is filled with creepy music and bright themes toward the end. I still love the Tuba and clarinet duet, but some of the best music is at the end. I mean it is simply amazing and John Williams no longer writes music like this today.

Here’s a sample

Here’s the Wild Signals score portion (Movie version has a bit of the Jaws theme in it, this one doesn’t.)

Ending portion

_________________________________

4. Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back: Another classic by John Williams. For the second movie, Williams added some all-new scores to his established universe of themes. He added the impressive Imperial Theme and the Yoda theme. Both will make appearances throughout the rest of the series. This is probably one of his best action scores to date.

The Battle of Hoth

Rebel Fleet/End Title

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47