Sunday, October 07, 2007

More Terms

K-Fed: Look at me, I got an entry in the Urban Dictionary site, yo. Too bad they're all negative.

More Terms to ponder…

Thanks to the Urban Dictionary here are a few more I found interesting and amusing.

Bricked: To render your computer useless, as useless as a brick.
Usually the result of tampering with the insides and doing irreversible damage. Bricking your hardware leaves you with a new paperweight. Can be the end effect of a faulty flash or firmware update, a modification (mod) gone bad or being struck by lighting, to name a few.

Comment: I have never heard this term used in this manner before, but I’ve bricked a few devices in my lifetime. It was usually out of anger.

Stack it: To fall over in a spectacular or amusing fashion, often to the immense amusement of the people around you.

Comment: I was just at a party where a friend of mine got so drunk that he tripped over something and went face first into the carpet. The next day, I mentioned it to him and he didn’t remember it. Yes, I’m the guy at the party that never drinks alcohol but remembers every crazy thing that happens there. Then I bring it up to humiliate you.

Man up: To work through impediments and obstacles without whining.

Comment: Yo, dog, man up. I’ve always liked this one. Can you tell a woman to ‘man up’? Will she that as an insult or that you’re telling her that you had wished she were a dude?

K-Fed: The biggest douche to ever walk the earth who happens to be married to britney spears and be the biggest dipshit to think he can rap.

Comment: Agreed, but is a better parent than Ms. Spears. Question does he take care of his other children?

Halo fanboy: Halo fanboys are generally people so devoted to Halo that they'll play no other game. If someone dislikes the game then the fanboy will throw a fit. Most Halo fanboys (not to be steriotypical) are 12-year-olds.

Comment: That’s when I say, “You do realize there are other games to play on the XBOX right?”

Fanboy: “Never, the god of Bill Gates brought this game from the heavens and gave it to us mere mortals. There is no other game like it, or will ever be like it.”

Semaj: “What, overrated?”

4 comments:

MC said...

When I went out with my friends, I used to be the designated memory as well.

Semaj said...

It's great seeing their reactions when you tell them what they said and did.

Anonymous said...

the halo-box fanboy thing is dead-on, hince why i designated x-box as halo-box, no other games exist, in their minds. though i was proud of some friends of mine who got guitar hero for the xbox, it was a eye-watering moment for me lol.

paul

Semaj said...

Yeah, I work with some Halo Fanboys that won't shut up about part 3, not realizing that they haven't played anything before Halo 3 on their H-Boxed. You can't argue with them either.

I've never seen this extreme form of fanboyism since some Star Wars fans.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47