Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Death Star vs. The Death Star II

The Death Star vs. The Death Star II

I remembered how cool the Death Star looked in the first Star Wars movie. I just loved the design of it, and I always wanted to get a model toy of it. I wanted to blow up my own planets with my own Death Star.

I also liked the enhanced explosion with the Praxis explosion ring added to the Special Editions. While looking through the web, I found some interesting facts about the two Death Stars.

1. The Death Star II is enormously more powerful than DS1.

2. It only took the Empire three years to create the DS2, while it took the engineers to create the first one nearly 20-30 years. That’s an amazing turnaround.

3. The first Death Star was 160 kilometers, but the second one is 900 kilometers: I always thought the second Death Star was supposed to be smaller, but more powerful. The way it was filmed, it looked smaller compared to the first one. I was wrong.

4. The Death Star I could only fire every 24 hours, because it had to regenerate the power. The Death Star II could fire every 3 minutes at full power, making it a major threat to planets and ships at the same time. (I didn’t this either).

Find out more here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star

I guess the Death Star II was filmed in a lighter color.

___________________________________________

I loved this shot of the guys shielding their eyes from the laser beam.

_______________________________________________-

Looks very much like Earth, and it was probably done so for that reason.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47