Saturday, October 27, 2007

Stationed in Iraq Part 1 of 2

My friend stationed in Iraq Part 1 of 2

I mentioned about a year ago that I had a friend that was ordered to go to Iraq. Well, he's come back alive and well. He seems to be the same person he was when he left, more or less. The first question I asked him was this:

“So, how was Iraq?” I asked.

“It was bad. What do you think?” he answered.

So, I asked him about Blackwater. And, he told me they were assholes and he'd seen them everywhere.

“So, how's progress in Iraq?” I asked already knowing the answer.

“Ain't no progress in there. It's just a bunch of people dying, a whole bunch.”

Here are a few things he mentioned...

  1. He didn't lose anyone from his group, but he patched up hundreds of Iraqis. So, he saw a lot of wounded and dead people.

  2. A sniper fired two rounds at him, missing him both times. He felt the wind from the bullet pass his face. He then said, “After the first shot, I ran like a bitch.” (Note: This didn't seem to phase him, when he told the story.)

  3. He said the normal people living there are scared to death of the 'bullies' with guns. They know that these thugs will make them disappear if they try to stand up to them. (I found this most disheartening.)

  4. Anyone that tries to help ends up dead the next day.

Coming up in Part II: Iranian army items (I have to get permission to tell this story, but it is a funny one), A funny encounter with Bill O'Reilly and fishing in Iraq.

2 comments:

Ammaro said...

its a real mess whats going on over there. i dont figure any progress is actually happening; all they're trying to do is keep a lid on the boiling pot, thats all. thanks for the insight

Semaj said...

Yeah, he was telling some messed up stuff. I hoped he would tell me some progress was being made, but sadly no.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47