Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wild Hogs

Wild Hogs

Well, I knew going into this movie that I wasn’t going to enjoy it, but I didn’t know at what degree. I never understood why this movie was the huge it ended up being in the box office. Since I’m not married or going through a mid-life crisis, I suppose this movie wasn’t meant for me.

Yes, the movie has all the normal road comedy routines. The plot is a mash up of many movies you’ve seen before. It has portions of ¡Three Amigos! and the Muppet Movie in the plot. The jokes aren’t that good, with the exception of a few jokes here and there. Plus, there are too many male ass close-ups for anyone watching this. The movie isn’t that interesting, but not horribly bad either.

The acting ranges from bad to okay. John Travolta should’ve just been CGI into the film, because he sure as hell didn’t seem to be bothered acting in this movie. Tim Allen grunts. Marisa Tomei is still cute. The only thing worth noting is that Martin Lawrence is united with his co-star Tichina Arnold from Martin.

Not a bad movie, but it won’t be remembered as a classic either. I don’t see why this movie was such a hit with moviegoers.

Grade: C-

Tim Allen sits there realizing that The Santa Clause 4: The Return is about to start filming.
______________________________________________________________
Sorry, I was going to make a Xenu joke, but I don’t want the Scientology police after me.

2 comments:

Blayde said...

i recall we won free tickets to the cinema, and that too the worst one on the island, and this was the only thing on, that or repeatedly abused Disturbia, Marisa Tomei was the only thing that caught my attention cos of the girl next door look, which i';ve rarely seen her in, the acting was lazy, and tired, but at least it kept me more wake than the other 'family movies' of the eyar

Semaj said...

Yeah, Tomei was one of the few good things in that movie.

That reminds me of the time I got a gift card from a family friend, but I waited months to use it because there were so many bad movies out this year.

Yeah, this family movie was a little more interesting than some of the others out there. It had sort of an edge to it. But just not enough

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47