Monday, December 27, 2010

What does My Cousin Vinny and Sarah Palin have in common? Refutiate?

 Refutiate: Will it ever end
What does My Cousin Vinny and Sarah Palin have in common? How the hell should I know?
Once again, I get another informative comment from an Anon person. This time dealing with Sarah Palin's new word “refuliate”.
This is what the poster said, ((Anonymous said...
She did NOT make that word up.
That word was used in "My Cousin Vinny" back in 1992, during the courtroom scene..
Someone needs to get their head OUT of the basket.
))
So, I replied with this, ((So, a fictional movie made the word up and Palin took it as fact? Doesn't that make it worst?

And, yes I loved My Cousin Vinny
))
I'm a little confused. What exactly was the point of the comment? Was he or she defending Sarah Palin? Was he or she defending the writers of My Cousin Vinny and stating that Palin stole the idea of the new word from Joe Pesci? I'm amusing Pesci was the character that supposedly made the word up. Using Pesci (Vinny) to defend Sarah Palin isn't best way to make her look smarter or stupider. But, it does make me remember the very hot Marisa Tomei in that movie, mmm.
And, I'd like to thank the Anon person for informing me that my head was in a damn basket. It is difficult to tell when one's head is misplaced in a basket. Someone needs to get my fist OUT of their face, a-hole.
It seems the word has never existed, and I looked it up on many online dictionaries. Nothing came up, except for my favorite site the Urban Dictionary.
There was one entry, and this is what it says under the term “MissPalin”. ((A misspalin is a misspelling added to a spell checker or the English Language.

Before Sara Palin refused to admit she misspelled "repudiate" as "
refutiate", and then claimed that she was like Shakespeare adding new words to the English Language, there was no word to describe a misspelling willfully added to correctly spelled words. ))
If Palin actually kept using it, she could have easily turned her new word into the next “irregardless”. Irregardless is used so much that is has actually become a real word for many. Heck, my word processor doesn't detect it as a misspelled word. But, there are conflicting reports on the validity of the word though.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47