Wednesday, December 29, 2010

ALF is a racist

ALF uses the N-word...
Mr. Alf uses the bad word at the 4:35 mark. I don't remember Alf using that word on the show.  Was this an episode I missed?  
Did a redneck on Earth teach him that word or did he hear it on a rap song? I'm one not the use the word, but this was 20 years ago. It is kind of unnerving to hear a staple of the 80s repeating the N-word over and over again. That's like Prime from Transformers smoking crack.
Actually, it was a little strange seeing Alf attempting get Andrea Elson to have sex with him. Then again, have you seen this picture of her?
John LaMotta, an actor on the show, doesn't care and really hated working on that show. From Vulture, (( "I thought the show Alf was a piece of shit ... worst work I ever did."  )). Actually, most of the cast hated working on the show, and Max Wright (Willie Tanner) really hated the show. I guess he hated being upstaged by a damn puppet.
Yeah, it is a little shocking hearing Alf use the N-Bomb, but I was more offended with him tricking me into buying that horrible videogame. He needs to apologize for that.
Yes, I used to own this terrible game. Alf, you owe me some money.
Oh, did I mention that you can beat the game in seven minutes?

4 comments:

MC said...

DAMN!

Semaj said...

Yeah, it got worst the more he says it. Some crazy shit

Anonymous said...

This doesn't make it right but he was making fun of an episode of LA Law that came out around that time. The Character in LA Law suffered from turrets. You can tell Alf's puppeteer is making fun of someone with turrets because of the other mannerisms but it was a controversial piece of pop culture at the time that I'm sure a lot of people were talking about and immitating. Probably not while fisting a melmackian though. Aything without context can be made to look worse though.

Semaj said...

Yeah, I do remember that episode. I also remember there being news stories on the subject too.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47