Sunday, December 26, 2010

Swatch Watches: I remember those now…



Swatch Watches: I remember those now…
They were the Trapper Keepers of watches at the time.
As I was reading Wil Wheaton's blog about him recalling Swatch Watches, I actually remember a lot of girls in my school wore them. Actually, it was considered cool to wear a lot Swatches. 
Swatches were huge back in the 80s and I mean really huge.  Many of my friends had a few of them.  I myself had those non-Swatches that were Transformer watches. 

I was curious about the origins of the Swatches, so I looked them up on Wiki. It looks like they were created by the Swiss and the name comes from “Second Watch” which means Swatch. This is one of those style trends I'd like to see again.
“I like your Swatch!”
By the way, some of these old Swatches are selling for 300 bucks.

2 comments:

Mayren said...

I was totally a swatch watch girl... wearing guess jeans, and 2 socks on each foot in contrasting & usually neon colors in my cheap canvas shoes that had wierd curlie cues to keep them together instead of actual laces. Oh yeah and my hair was as big as i could get it with tons of hair spray.

Semaj said...

Holy, crap, I remember the Canvas shoes. I remember every girl wore at least three or four pairs of those.

I looked up Canvas shoes and they're still around. http://www.google.com/images?q=canvas+shoes&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1440&bih=809

Oh, and the class rooms were filled with various smells of hair sprays.

ah, the good old days .

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47