Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Police officer honored for DUI arrest milestone...wait I know this guy



In Louisville, everyone knows someone else.
There is this police officer you see that's been honored for stopping DUI drivers from causing havoc on the roads.
From the Courier Journal: ((For the second year in a row, Fey was honored by the governor for his efforts to enforce impaired driving laws, logging dozens of DUI arrests in Louisville. From Oct. 1, 2009 to Sept. 30, Fey made 146 drunken driving arrests, up from 135 during the same period the year before. ))
Something about the picture of this officer seemed familiar...
((Fey, who has been with the department since 2006, works the overnight shift in the city’s 8th Division, in far eastern Jefferson County, which includes miles of interstate. His job is to patrol those interstates and watch for people exhibiting signs of impairment — weaving in their lane, not signaling turns or driving with their lights off. ))
This officer has been working in the area I live. I've been pulled over by this officer...for supposed drunk driving. Now, the reason I say supposed is because I have never had a sip of alcohol before and I have never gotten drunk.
Around 3AM, I was driving home from work, and I took a few back roads in an industrial park. I saw a cop car pulling out of a parking lot behind me, and I thought nothing of it. I made a right turn and I saw the blue lights come on. After pulling over, the cop got out of his car and greeted me at the window.
Hello, can I see your license?”
I gave it him and he looked it over.
Why did you stop me?” I asked trying to keep my cool.
You didn't signal back there when you turned. I'm just here checking for impaired drivers,” he replied. He was very nice and not a prick. “I'm not going to give you a ticket for that.”
I work third shift and I'm just trying to get home early,” I added.
He handed me back my license and nodded. “Take care.” He quickly hopped back into his car and drove off.
I found it amusing that I got pulled over for being an impaired driver, when I don't drink alcohol or do drugs. The cop was cool and he didn't give me chicken shit ticket like some other police officers. I just found it amusing that he pulled me over and here he is being honored for DUI arrests. I actually want more cops doing this kind of thing than pulling people over for blowing through stop signs. Less chicken shit tickets and more actual arrests for real crimes is what I want out of our officers.
Now, this incident is as embarrassing as the one where I got pulled over by a certain other PD for looking like a criminal...
Now, there is another run in I had with police officers recently involving them thinking I was drunk again...

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47