Friday, December 03, 2010

BMX Bandits

BMX Bandits
The guys over at the Midnight Movie Club podcast.  They pretty much made me want to watch this little “gem” of a movie.  To my total shock, the movie is on Youtube.  And, I watched it.  All I can say is holy crap this movie is funny.
I can see why kids would think this movie is cool.  Every kid wanted a BMX bike.  Heck, I had one too.  You would learn how to change the tires and the tubes.  And, you’d go everywhere on that damn BMX bike.  Nevertheless, the acting is terrible and the music very corny. 
Here are a few notes…
~Angelo D'Angelo is the name of one of the BMX heroes in the film.  Who thought it would be funny to name their son twice in a role?  Angelo D’Angelo had a somewhat steady career in the 90s, but that stopped and his last credit was in 2003. 
~Nicole Kidman:  I guess marring Tom Cruise was not the most embarrassing thing she has ever done in her life.  She has a wonderfully bad hair cut here.  Is Nicole Kidman proud of this role? 
~The Bank robbers use pig masks to rob a bank.  They snort like pigs too.  WTF?
~The makers of the movie use sound effects every time the BMX guys jump over something.  That’s just odd. 
They really should make a sequel or remake of this movie. 
The band Wheatus did a “tribute” the BMX Bandits. 

 Miss Piggy be damned.  This rocks.
_________________________________________________________________________
This young lady would go onto kissing Batman and dating, marrying and divorcing a Scientologist.  What a career! 

2 comments:

Lee said...

I'm just happy that you had a laugh!

If you'd gone into this film hoping for a thrilling adventure you may have thought quite less of us ;)

I would love to ask Nicole about this film, if I ever got into the situation where I could ask her something it would definitely be about BMX Bandits!

PS thanks for listening ;)

Semaj said...

I loved the podcast and I had to watch it after knowing that the bikes had sound effects.

I'm tempted to e-mail her people for an interview asking her about the movie.

Once again, thanks for the Podcast and the comment.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47