16. The Attack on Autobot City: I really enjoyed the complex battle going on during the first half of the movie. There are a few second season cameos throughout the scene. It was a nice touch to see the damage to city over the night too. There are a few first season characters that end up dying here too. (Note: Second season character Red Alert was storyboarded to die here, but never showed up in the movie.) This is also the scene where they introduce most of the new Autobot characters.
17. The run of Kup and Hot Rod: I love that Kup saves Hot Rod’s life and they both use the Insecticons to jump over the gap to Autobot City, crushing one of the Insecticons’ heads in the process.
18. Starscream shooting his own foot: What a great moment! He gets trapped and decides to damage his own foot to get himself free. I always liked Starscream, and Chris Latta as the man behind the voice.
19. The Dinobots to the rescue: This was a great scene seeing them come flying out of the sky toward Devastator. Their fight was always badass because it was brutal. It reminded me of the first season rivalry between the Constructicons and the Dinobots. I remember the kids my age were cheering when the Dinobots showed up. The Dinobots have always been my favorite characters.
20. Blaster having fun: What a way to introduce a character. He’s chilling in the transmission tower and blowing away Decepticons and seems to be enjoying himself. We also get to see that he has his own mini-tapes that fight Soundwave’s versions. This was another scene that got cheers from the kids too. Plus, you have to love the term ‘burnt out toaster ovens’ that he uses at the end of the scene. Btw, he’s one of the few 2nd season characters that show up in the movie, which means that his character was planned rather early in the 2nd season development. I always saw Blaster being the Roadblock of the Transformers.