Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dead Like Me: The Movie

I knew nothing about this DVD movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu35AKC-eGI

The movie came out of nowhere. Dead Like Me the movie is a spin off of the canceled Showtime tv show.

Former Star Trek Voyager writer Bryan Fuller created the show, and left the series over creative differences with the studio. I can’t seem to find his name anywhere in the creative process of the DVD movie. He might be a little bit too busy with Heroes and another TV show right now.

Ellen Muth looks really good in this movie. Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond from LOST, Brotha) is Mandy Patinkin’s replacement. BTW, there appears to be a huge time jump between the show and this movie.

I might check this out, because I enjoyed the first season of this strange show.

6 comments:

MC said...

There is also a different Daisy: Sarah Wynter, who played Laura Harris(the original Daisy)'s sister and Jack Bauer's love interest in Season 2 of 24.

PJ said...

I'm so excited about this movie, thanks for the headsup. I'm glad that Jasmine Guy (Roxy) and Callum Blue (Mason) have reprised their roles.

Ellen Muth does look great, as does Britt McKillip (Reggie), who has really blossomed into a gorgeous young woman.

I saw Henry Ian Cusick playing a Russian crimelord in the Hitman movie last week, he's doing pretty well right now.

Semaj said...

MC: Looking at Laura Harris’s Imdb, it’s no wonder she’s been extremely busy. She was freaking great on 24. I forgot she was in The Faculty too. (just saw that a few months ago) That's an interesting twist by having Wynter play the role now.


PJ: Henry Ian Cusick was also great in that 24 episode too. The man has been busy, he certainly deserves it. He’s a good actor. I just saw him in something, but I have completely forgotten what it was.

Mayren said...

OMG !!! thank you for this post!
I don't like the new Daisy but everything else looks awesome. I loved this show!

I had no freaking clue this was out there. You are my true source sweets. *huggles*

MC said...

Mayren, did you think the series ended on a good note... as unexpectedly last episodes go, it was pretty good.

Semaj said...

Mayren: Yeah, I knew nothing about this DVD movie. I am surprised it got made, with all the behind the scenes drama.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47