Monday, December 10, 2007

Working...

Working sucks, but these tips could make your experience much better.

Whoa, this explains a lot.

The link above gives ten reasons why they don’t like you at work. Probably, the first one pretty much has me dead on. Then again, I don’t care if they like me that much anyway. However, these other tips are very sound.

Here are some worth noting,

((2. Chains of Love
Are you never around because you're always out on a "smoking break?" Limit your puffs to standard break times.))

It seems smokers are always getting more breaks than non-smokers. I am really not sure the reason for this. Can’t you go through two hours without smoking? I might be bias because of my general dislike of smoking.

((4. People Magazine Office Edition
You're very good at filing away information about everyone in the office! If you want to keep friends, learn to keep a secret.))

It goes deeper than that. There seems to be that overweight older woman that wants to know what’s going on in everyone’s life. She makes it her point to listen in on every conversation. These women aren’t satisfied with their stupid boring married home life, but they feel the need to monitor everyone around them, and then talk about them in the break room. These people piss me off more than the smokers.

((7. You gotta see the ba-a-aby!
Related to the yadda-yadda-yadda talker is the baby babbler who incessantly gushes about her children. Only family and close friends should be privy to details about every syllable uttered, step taken or diaper dirtied. It's wonderful that you love your baby, but just don't make it your only topic of conversation.))

Listen, most of my friends are, dating, married or have babies now. They don’t go out of their way to remind me I’m single and a lonely bum. Yet, there are plenty of people at work that can’t stop talking about their children and family. Thank you for reminding me I’m always going to a restaurant for a table for one. Knock it off.

2 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

Regarding number 2, I couldn't agree more. When I was receiving manager at Barnes & Noble a decade ago, I had to endure people always walking through my receiving room to smoke at least once an hour! Every time they walked back in, all that smoke and terrible smell came with them. I finally made the room off limits for smokers when I decided I was a caffeine addict and that I needed to take a break once an hour to have a soda. They got my point fast!

Number 4 describes that person I hated so much at my last job that I quit.

Semaj said...

I can't imagine the hell you went through with (number 4). Good call on the smokers. I wish I could do something like that.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47