Sunday, December 16, 2007

Clash of the Titans remake

Clash of the Titans: Blade director Stephen Norrington returns to filmmaking?

It appears so. Blade put this guy on the map, but he was attacked for his work in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (LXG). It was at this point that he pretty much turned his back on Hollywood. However, there were reports he wanted to direct Ghost Rider. He’s lucky he didn’t because that was worst than LXG. Actually, I rather liked LXG. It wasn’t a good movie, but still enjoyable. However, the crap that went on behind the scenes would make me reconsider my career choices as well.

I think Clash of the Titans is definitely a movie in need of a remake in my eyes. Please, no robotic owls this time around, Norrington. If he can keep the movie under his control, we might get an entertaining movie.

More info about this announcement.

(Side Note: One of the negative stories I heard about LXG was that Sean Connery was in the editing room making his own edits to the film. Something the producer tried to play down.)

2 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

LXG is so incredibly bad that it still sends me into a rage.

I read an interview with Sean Connery where he said that he took the movie because he was offered Dumbledore and didn't understand it, so he turned it down and it made a ton of money, and then he was offered Gandalf and didn't understand it, so he turned it down and made a ton of money. He then admitted that he didn't really understand LXG, but wanted to make a ton of money. That says a lot, I think. The failure of LXG is supposedly what made him turn down the voice of Aslan.

Personally, I hate the idea of a Clash of the Titans remake. I like the original, robotic owls or no. I'd rather see someone make new movies based on Greek myths than a straight remake of another movie.

I'm sure part of it is that I'm getting really proprietary and cranky about remakes in my thirties. Enough time has passed that they're starting to remake movies from when I was a kid, and I find I resent that. Still, I'll give most movies a chance.

Semaj said...

Oh, I agree with you for the most part on remakes, but I always felt clash of the Titans could have a better movie with better actors and better FX. I never saw it as a classic.

Sean Connery
I also heard that was one of the reasons Sean Connery left Hollywood as well.

I believe he's done some major interference in other movies.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47