Sunday, December 23, 2007

Disturbia

Disturbia

This recent film is a remake of the classic Alfred Hitchcock film Rear Window. It is an update of that older film. Shia LaBeouf stars in this version. There are two basic differences to Rear Window. One, the main character is under house arrest and two, he’s young and can walk. While it can never live up to the classic Rear Window film, it has some good things going for it, if a little flawed.

After losing his father in a car crash, Shia’s characters ends up being a troublemaker. (He punches his Spanish teacher). The law forced him under house arrest. Being stuck at home by himself, he begins to watch everything that goes on around his block. Because of this, he gets involved with a very hot chick that just moved in next door. Well, he discovers that someone may be a serial killer might live right across from his house. So, he spies on him and sees some disturbing things going on over there.

I have to admit that I liked this movie. I enjoyed the fact that Shia is forced to live his life through looking into other people’s lives from his windows. I also like the plotline about him befriending cutie Sarah Roemer. Even though there isn’t much character development for David Morse’s character, his performance is extremely creepy. I like Shia’s character, besides he mom is freaking Carrie-Anne Moss, AKA Trinity.

Well, the movie has some nicely crafted scenes that make up for some of the weaker things in the movie. And, to my surprise, this was a violent PG13 movie. It is not a great film, but still good enough to keep your attention.

Grade: C+

4 comments:

PJ said...

I agree with your review and grade; the movie was okay but not great. David Morse was very creepy, and Sarah Roemer was very cute. My favourite character was his crazy best friend.

Semaj said...

I just watched Morse in 16 Blocks. (or was it 13?) He just loves playing these creepy bad guys in movies.

Yeah, I completely forgot to mention his buddy. he was great


Shia is one lucky man, he plays around with Sarah Roemer and Megan Fox in the same year. damn, I am jealous!

PJ said...

I remember him in 16 Blocks too - he reeks of creepy.

Semaj said...

Great actor and he seems to like playing the creepy 'bad guys'

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47