Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Guess Who (You forgot the '?') review


Guess Who

Some movies are going to suck no matter what (Leonard Part Six), while others had a chance to be good, but people decide to get the wrong actor for the part. Guess Who is one of the latter ones. Whoever decided to cast Ashton Kutcher in the role of the white guy made a terrible mistake. Kutcher can’t hang with the more funny Bernie Mac.

The movie does have some nice moments, such as what people have to go through in an interracial relationship. Despite what people say, there will always be racism in our world, and the movie shows one portion of it. There are people, white and black, that can’t stand interracial dating. For me, it doesn’t matter.

Guess Who could have been much better without the goofy jokes from Ashton. While Zoe Saldana is not only pretty, but also she carries the relationship when Ashton falters. The writing is all right for a comedy and doesn’t stray too far into chick-flick land. That’s a good thing folks, because I’m tired of going into movies and being tricked into romantic comedies (Shallow Hal, Bruce Almighty, so on). This is a case where the movie is better than Kutcher.

Grade: C

Kutcher Grade: F+

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm still owning the fact that I actually like Kutcher, and while I was lukewarm on the movie I enjoyed it more than you, I think.

Semaj said...

I might have been too harsh on it, after listening to the director on his track, I understand it a little more

wierufhwre said...

Actually, the "?" would be absent. The phrase "guess who" is an imperative command, not an interogative one.

Just keeping you on your toes, buddy.

Semaj said...

thanks, lol. THat was really bugging me

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47