Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Don Imus Farts dust

From Imus to everyone else in this scandal, just stop suing each other.

http://www.voanews.com/english/Entertainment/2007-08-15-voa51.cfm

I’ve gone on record stating that I believe that Don Imus shouldn’t have been fired for his stupid comment. (However, his producer said far worst than he did). But, now a student from that team is suing Don Imus. I have to ask the reason behind this.

((Meanwhile, a member of the Rutgers women's basketball team has sued Don Imus and CBS, claiming the radio personality's comments damaged her reputation.))

Uh, damaged her reputation? How about someone putting nude and sexual photos of you on the WWW for everyone to see? I’d say that’s damaging your reputation. Ask that cheerleader about that one. An old fart saying Nappy-headed hos is just an out of touch douche bag not getting it.

Old farts are a dime a dozen. I’ve been called the “N-word” to my face, but I never thought about suing anyone in the process. Sure the remark hurts, but you either kick their asses or ignore them. You don’t think of a scheme to get some cash from it. You prove that you're the better person by not returning the racial remark.

((The lawsuit also named Imus' employers CBS Corp. and CBS Radio. There is no dollar amount listed in the suit. On April 4, Imus referred to the Rutgers players as "nappy-headed hos" on his nationally-syndicated program. He was fired shortly afterward.))

I hate Imus as much as anyone else, but hasn’t he gotten enough flack for his mindless comment? I personally don’t understand why people feel he’s interesting or cool enough to have a radio show, let alone have another one. He’s boring, but I don’t think he should be sued.

This lawsuit will turn the court of public opinion against you. And do you really want people feeling sorry for Imus?

3 comments:

MC said...

If anything, her unwitting participation in this incident has improved her reputation, as she now has a positive sheen in the public spotlight because of it.

Anonymous said...

wow, after that massive comment, hopefully this gets read.

i agree, the lawsuit machine started by mcdonalds giving way to stupid people spilling coffee has spiraled out of control. imus is old and doesn't have much time left. let him get his settlement from CBS, do his new radio show which no one will listen to, and new listeners who had only recently heard of him, will think 'that controversy was over this boring guy?'

yeah, i can see how what he said could be considered hate speech, but suing doesn't make her any better. i've been called names growing up, been beat up just for the fact i was scrawny and a complete nerd, but i just pick myself up, dust myself off and move on. that's life. but that's my small soap box.

paul

Semaj said...

MC: Just wish Imus would just disappear altogether and the press finds the next big thing.

I see your point too.



Paul: I had to delete that massive comment. I have no clue what he was saying. It is probably the longest comment I've ever seen.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I'd love to see you start up another blog, Paul.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47