Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Beerfest

Beerfest

This is another film by the people that brought you the pretty good movie Super Troopers, Broken Lizard. Since I don’t drink alcohol of any kind, I sort of feel like I’ve been left out of the loop on with this drunken comedy. Maybe I’m supposed to be shit-faced while watching it. I did like watching the large amounts of female nudity through out the film though. You don’t have to be drunk to enjoy watching exposed bare breasts.

Beerfest is better than their other effort Clud Dread, but not nearly as entertaining as Super Troopers.

And, don’t get me wrong, because there are some things to like about Beerfest. I love the fact that they kill off one of the main characters and brought in his twin brother like nothing happened. It’s almost as if they’re winking at the audience.

However, the movie, more than anything else, doesn’t really have that comedic spark that Super Troopers had. In the end, Beerfest isn’t that funny, not even in a stupid way, but not that bad either. It’s certainly a throwback to those 80’s movies that had tons of nudity and crude humor.

Grade C-

2 comments:

MC said...

As a moderate social drinker I will say this... it is a horrible, horrible movie.

Semaj said...

okay, thanks, because I wasnt sure if I was grading it correctly because I am not a drinker.

Most of the people I work with are heavy drinkers and they love this movie.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47