Monday, August 06, 2007

Cops again, this time I didn't get a ticket.

Something happened at my shitty work place…

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200770803007

It is probably one of the weirdest things that have happened in the past few years.

I began my long trek out of work toward the guard shack, when I noticed at least five EMS vans rolling into the area and a lot of police cars.

My first thought was, great someone just got shot up in here. Then, my second thought was they must be after me about that traffic ticket.

Well, I was wrong…

((About 4 a.m., an off-duty Louisville Metro Police officer working security for UPS at Louisville International Airport attempted to arrest a disorderly man who was refusing to leave the company’s property.))

Trust me there is much more to the real story than what is told in this story. A lot more. Here’s what I saw, I actually saw the cop car stuck on those parking bumpers that keep cars from driving into buildings or people. This car was stuck on top of one. This meant he was rolling up on the man with some speed behind him. What was this guy doing that made the cop behave the way he did? There’s something missing from this story. I could say more about the reasons behind it that I heard, but I don’t want find myself getting more e-mails from detectives.

((During the arrest, the man resisted and caused minor injury to the officer, who called for help from on-duty police officers, said Alicia Smiley, a police spokeswoman.))

Again, I heard it completely differently from what was reported. I heard the cop got his ass kicked. The man shoved the cop’s head into either his own car or another parked car, leaving a dent.

He should have called back up before he confronted the guy.

Okay, so the cop and the guy who fought him were sent to the hospital. But, it gets even crazier.

((About 5 a.m., a family member of Stanton’s arrived outside the hospital at which time he was confronted by a hospital security guard about where he had parked his vehicle, Smiley said. The family member was in the area set aside for ambulances and other emergency vehicles right outside the emergency room, said Marshall.))

((During the confrontation, the hospital security guard noticed what appeared to be an assault weapon in the vehicle, Smiley said.))

It was an AK-47. He was the father of the guy that beat down the cop, and he was planning on using the weapon on the police! Or someone else. What kind of father is this? I guess the kind that has a child that can fight.

What in the hell is this guy doing with an AK-47? Was he fighting the Russians in the 80s with Rambo and just kept the gun around?

Again, it gets even crazier…

((While the incident that began at the hospital was unfolding, two other police officers responding to the call from hospital security were involved in a collision with each other in the intersection of Preston and Chestnut streets, police said))

So, the cops crashed on the way to confronting this Ak-47 guy. They ended up going to the hospital as well.

Here’s a more detailed story on the incident.

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=6884821

(Note: We are no longer allowed to hangout in the parking lot of UPS. As always, they go to the extremes when dealing with incidents. I’m tempted to just in out in front of my car and see what exactly they’d do.)

As I stated before, something doesn’t add up with this story. What exactly was the guy doing in the parking that made the cop react the way he did? Did the guy know that Cop he was beating up an off-duty cop or a police officer in general? (Note: Off duty, there’s more to this that I won’t mention here. Again, I don’t want to say much, because it was only what I heard.)

I only saw the messed up cop car, and the people getting put into the EMS vans. I just missed it.

2 comments:

Mayren said...

OMG !!! I hope you will be safe. I mean stray bullets is a crazy way to go but has been known to happen.

Semaj said...

Thanks for the concern.

I've found that working at night brings out the crazy crowd thats for sure. There needs to be a study to find out if people behave differently at night.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47