Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Marvel movies

P2

Marvel appears to have a list of a few of their upcoming movies and TV shows in the pipeline.

Some of them I'm not too sure about such as,

Ant-Man: Do we really need a movie about this guy? Do people really want to see this movie on Friday night? “Honey, let's check out Ant-Man. He was my favorite character growing up.”

The Incredible Hulk: Hopefully, this version of the Hulk isn't boring as the first movie, or as mismanaged as Spiderman 3.

Punisher 2: Now, if they make this one PG-13, no one will go and see it. Don't make it PG-13 guys, because I thought the first one was okay.

5 comments:

MC said...

Re: Ant-Man. I don't know anything about the character at all. But I do know that the writer/director Edgar Wright rocks, and the cowriter Joe Cornish are very talented individuals, and I have a great deal of trust in them.

J.D. said...

No one saw the first Punisher in the first place!

Semaj said...

MC: In some storylines he can reduce himself to the size of an ant, while other universes he can grow in size. From what I can tell, there are/were three Ant-Man characters (not including the Ultimate version)

I'll keep an open mind, because I'm hoping these writers consider using the darker elements of the Ultimate version of the character.

JD: True, but I think it made just about enough to break even. I know that some of the hardcore Punisher fans hated the changes, but I guess we can agree that the 'other' Punisher movie with Dolph Lundgren just plain sucked.

MC said...

I have a feeling it will likely be very dark comedy.

Semaj said...

Because you mentioned it, I looked bit of the movie project. It could very likely be completely rewritten now.

I did like that the original Idea was going to have movie set in two time periods with 2 different Ant-men

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47