Thursday, September 24, 2015

Kid N Play Cartoon

 Kid N Play Cartoon
Yet another shitty cartoon based on real rap performers. Here's the thing, Kid N Play was popular among the hip-hop fans and MTV folks, but they really blew up with the House Party movie (franchise). That franchise was about two guys trying to get laid at a party with an R rating. So, what better way to connect with that audience then to make a morning cartoon show, right?

I'll admit it; I liked Kid N Play and I loved the first two House Party movies. Actually, they're still funny. Heck, I like their music. But, I hated the show. Plus, they had to add that “magical” element to the show with them locking their shoes together. (Class Act is bad though)
I also like this bit from the Wiki page, ((The real Kid 'n Play appeared in live-action wraparounds of the cartoons, but voice actors took over for the animated versions of the duo. ))
However, IMDB has Martin Lawrence listed in the credits of the show, so I guess he wasn't that big to turn down that role. So, just like Hammerman, the real Kid N Play did the live action wraparounds.
To my total surprise, DIC is nowhere to be found in this production. Marvel and Saban partnered with NBC to make this strange show. Akom  is listed as uncredited .
It does get worst though. Marvel created a nine issue comic book based on the show, not the movies. This had to be around the time Marvel started to hit some money problems.
And, what is up with the stupid dog with the Mohawk and sunglasses.

Side Note: I had no idea there was a beef between Dj Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince/Kid N Play. It had to be the nicest beef between PG-13 rap groups.   

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47