Sunday, September 27, 2015

Jay Leno vs Kimmel

Jay Leno isn't a fan of mean-based humor it seems

I was listening to him on Joe Rogan's Podcast, hoping I'd like the guy, but he came across as being slimy more than anything else/ I've never liked Leno's humor and thought he was a part of that older “be nice” brand of hosting. While I don't watch too much of the late talk shows, I think the new batch of comedians in the hosting chairs are doing some really good things.
Leno is a dinosaur. His humor isn't my brand of humor and too much like Carson's humor. I like a bit of edge to humor. I think TV is better off without a Leno around. So, it ticked me off when I read about this thing between Leno and Kimmel.
From Yahoo via TV Insider, (("The most [important] element you can have in doing a late night show is kindness," he explained to TV Insider, "because the show makes you arrogant. I think that’s Jimmy Kimmel’s problem." ))
So says the guy that “retired” from The Tonight Show and let Conan take over. Instead of standing by your retirement, you took over again. I call that arrogant. I really like Kimmel's mean streak. It reminds me of Letterman's mean streak. I hate when host just kiss up to guess or not step on any toes.
I love his attack Melissa Joan Hart. I can't see Leno doing that.
Or how about Letterman shredding Paris Hilton? Nope, Leno wouldn't do that either.
From Yahoo, ((He continued, "I think he’s a talented guy, I think he’s funny. But he has a mean streak, and it comes across. He does this thing where he takes Halloween candy from kids and the kids cry. What am I missing here? It is funny I guess, but it’s mean-based. I think that’s why he’s not higher in the ratings." ))
Hey, I think taking candy from children is freaking funny as hell. It's not your brand of comedy, but there needs to be variety in the talk shows ring.
I think Leno is still upset over when Kimmel ripped into Leno on his own show.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47