Thursday, January 09, 2014

Michael Bay, walks off stage

Michael Bay, walks off stage
Why am I hearing Hans Zimmer music in my head as he rushes off stage?
Man, I love the fact Michael starts off in bad shape. Also, note the expression the Samsung Guy's face. This seems to be the real story to come out of CES. You would think a man with such a large ego and is able to command hundreds of people in a movie shoot would be able to stand in front of a bunch of nerds and “wing it”.
"Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit, Samsung TV."
I actually feel bad for this millionaire for freaking out in such a public event. I've had some epic meltdowns of late and it was usually around people I don't care about.  However, he kind of did a disservice to his Samsung partners. I am sure there was some yelling back stage.  No one is talking about the TV. 
It kind of reminded me of that SNL Ashley Simpson incident. 
He did make a statement on his website and re-posted on Huffington Post, ((Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES -- I was about to speak for Samsung for this awesome Curved 105-inch UHD TV. I rarely lend my name to any products, but this one is just stellar. I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP’s intro line and then the teleprompter got lost. Then the prompter went up and down -- then I walked off. I guess live shows aren’t my thing.
But I’m doing a special curved screen experience with Samsung and Transformers 4 footage that will be traveling around the world.
Michael))
As I wrote before, it just seems odd that a powerful and demanding guy would choke up like a nerdy kid at a spelling bee.  
Just distract them with your jump cuts and explosions.  





No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47