Sunday, May 24, 2009

"Shovin' Buddies" Family Guy

Family Guy makes fun of FOX and other networks. ("Shovin' Buddies")

Ah, yes there is the rotating black man ad too.

They mocked these promotions before with Quagmire making out with Marge from the Simpsons.

I found this Yahoo answer amusing too.

((I saw it on Fox TV bug when watching it last sunday, but now i can't find the wiki or imdb or anything about it...is it a secret show? please give me the dates, i also look foward to "rotating black man" ))

He's joking around, but I have to wonder if some really believes there's a show out there called Shoving Buddies. I know they're clearly making fun of Friends. Anyway, I'm shocked that FOX would let them bash the network like that.

Further reading.

3 comments:

MC said...

If you are making Fox money, you can basically say anything you want about the network. Think about the ways Rupert Murdoch and Fox have been savaged on The Simpsons... and on King of the Hill, Bobby isn't allowed to watch Fox TV.

Semaj said...

Yeah, the Simpsons have bashed FOX many times. It seem the shows on FOX really do aim toward the network more so than other network shows.

It's kind of funny that they allow it. it's probably one of the few things I like about the channel.

I didnt know about the King of the Hill thing

Anonymous said...

The reason The Simpsons got away with making fun of Fox was because Fox asked the creators to make a series out of the Tracey Ullman show. Therefore, Fox came to them, whereas with most shows, you go to the network.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47