Saturday, May 02, 2009

Funny?

Maxim's top worst comedians of all time

I think some of these people on their list are still funny, while I’m not sure why some of these people even consider themselves comedians. I’d thought it would be interesting to give my own thoughts on the list.

Carlos Mencia: Somehow, this joke pirate keeps getting movies and TV shows. I’m not going to get into his story too much.

Christopher Titus: I never had a problem with this guy. I always found his stories amusing.

Judy Tenuta: I never understood her comedy.

Kathy Griffin: I used to hate her because she became more of a reality show spokeswoman. But her Bravo specials are honest and funny as hell. I just wish she’d move away from that reality show stuff. Didn't she get a divorce during her reality show? Sounds like that Reality Show curse to me.

Gallagher: I have never understood the attraction to going to a Gallagher show. So, he smashes fruit, I can smash my on fruit in the comfort of my own home without paying for tickets. (Hmm, smashing fruit in my own home sounds like a metaphor for masturbation doesn’t it?) He’s never been funny to me.

Paula Poundstone: Holy crap, I just made a reference to this woman when I commented on some guy’s shirt, stating that he looked like he dressed like Paula Poundstone. Of course, the guy had no idea what I was talking about.

Paula got into a little bit of trouble it says on her Wiki page. ((In 2001, Poundstone was arrested on a felony warrant for three counts of committing a lewd act on an unidentified girl under the age of 14. ))

Now, what exactly was she doing to the unidentified girl? She really creeps me out.

Side Note: I have a theory: Anyone named Paula or Pauly is just bad news (Pauly Shore, Paula Abdul and Paula Goodspeed)

Sandra Bernhard: I would really bash her work, but being friends (former?) with Madonna and her role in Hudson Hawk speaks louder than typing it out my hatred for her.

Louie Anderson: Creepy as hell…

Yakov Smirnoff: In Russia, Smirnoff Ice is called Me Ice. Since the fall of the Communists fall in Russia, what kind of jokes does Smirnoff do now?

Whoopi Goldberg: Come on, she's Guinan for craps-sake.

Margaret Cho: Look, I was going to attack her but watching her do an interview in a bathtub without any clothes on, I’m not going to say a thing. (She doesn’t show anything)

Sinbad: Remember when Sinbad mattered? He had a talk show and a few movies and was on the popular Cosby Show spin-off (A Different World). Now, he's just disappeared.

Btw, where is Dane Cook on the list.

4 comments:

MC said...

Margaret Cho did one good standup special... and then she just kept whining about how she had a show on ABC and they screwed her and blah wah blah.

Kathy Griffin, as a pop culture blogger, isn't half bad as a comedian. She is snarky like our whole community.

And I liked Sinbad's specials too. He worked clean and had good delivery and a great persona.

Semaj said...

I've noticed that she kept bringing up that show and they wanted her to be skinny. She kept this up for a while right?

Griffin is great, I think she gets a bad rap because of her connection to Reality Shows. But, u make a good point about her being a pop culture blogger

As for Sinbad I know exactly where it went wrong (Good Burger)

Chase Roper said...

Dane Cook is a solid comic who knows the craft. He shouldn't have been on that list. Louis Anderson is actually pretty cool and I've also wondered where Sinbad went. He was great in Jingle Bells.

Semaj said...

Can't stand Cook as a personality, but I like a portion of his pop cultural remarks, just can't stand the man.

Sinbad is probably still cashing those Good Burger checks

Last time I checked, I believe Sinbad is preforming in board meetings for money. (Not making this up)

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47