Sunday, July 13, 2008

Random Things: It's Complicated

Random Things

~I guess people didn't even want to 'Meet Dave'. It only made 5 million and the budget was around 55 million. Someone over at FOX is going to get fired over this, in the same manner as the Love Guru. The movie was so bad that Eddie Murphy didn't even bother showing up for the premiere of his own freaking movie. I will give FOX credit for actually admitting the movie is a bomb. Paramount refuses to even talk about The Love Guru, except for overseas markets where the movie has been just released. Actually, this movie has a chance of doing far worst than the Love Guru.

~Corey Haim: I think it's time for Haim to take time off from being on that reality show and make trip to rehab. Man, he looks terrible in that clip. Is Lost Boys II really a comeback for him?

~I watched a few episodes that horrible reality show "Denise Richards: It's Complicated" and it is a bad show. She comes across as too self-centered and can't get over her divorce with Charlie Sheen. She's not a nice person, but she is good looking. But she does get some points for taking in her dad after her mother died.

~Lamest videogame endings ever: I have to agree with the choices.

Sexual moments in videogames: Seeing a bomb creature 'attack' from behind Mario is just wrong. Why is that creature making noises too? Did Mario just get rapped in that clip? If Link is getting this much sex from NPC, why even bother to attempt to rescue Zelda.

~Mariah Carey green screened into a chicken commercial? Chicken or Mariah Carey, choices.

5 comments:

MC said...

See, I think with that video game ending thing, taking shots at old Nintendo/SNES/Sega games is a little cheap. It is sort of like ripping on movies from the 1920's-40's for having unrealistic special effects.

No, for my money, the lamest ending EVER is Final Fantasy VII. That was a supergyp.

MC said...

I am talking about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdhKaPkiDE

Especially when you compare it to the wrap up that Final Fantasy 4, 6 and 8 gave you... not to mention even the endings of Chrono Trigger.

Semaj said...

I am going to have to strongly disagree with you here. I think many of the Sega and SNES games generally had strong ending to them. (the old Nintendo ones not so much.) Many of the SNES games had very good stories overall. Besides, the guy making the video I like is a retro-NES/Sega fan.

I think it’s all right to rip movies from the 20-40s eras as long as the person knows the context and time period these movies are released. But, then again there are a lot of people that simply wouldn’t take the time to research that like you or me.

Speaking on FF7, I freaking loved that ending. I think it summed up nicely the spiritual and ecological themes in the storyline. I loved the parting shot that certain dead character looking into the screen.

As far as the video on youtube, the last scene shows us that Red found a mate, the planet is healing itself for the mako energy, the city represented that drain on the planet, and now there is growth over city showing us the planet is being repaired.

However, I can see your point valid as well. Good discussion.

MC said...

But basically every game in the Final Fantasy Universe surrounding VII did something that it did not... wrap up the individual storylines and give you a sense of closure for nearly everyone, and I felt gypped when it didn't deliver that after committing so many hours to the story.

I have to concede that I was judging that ending based on over a decade's feeling of being wronged.... especially since that made Advent Children. The ending isn't THAT bad in retrospect. But I still don't like it.

But by the same token, I thought the ending for GTA III sucked too... I didn't feel satisfied by that. And the less I say about Rogue Galaxy's, the better.

Semaj said...

FFVII: Yeah, I completely agree with you that certain things were left unanswered and completely dropped in some cases.

Part of the problems was that the development went over schedule and they were running to the finish line to get it released. So much so, that certain things were added to the North American release, but there was also code left in both version from things that were dropped. Certain subplots were never paid off as well.

Also, I remember a small scene where there was a sick guy in a pipe and later on some guys in suits kidnapped him. That was never really paid off in the game.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47