Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Baby that ruined The Dark Knight...

Yeah, I saw The Dark Knight and really enjoyed it, under some of the worst moving-going experiences ever.

This isn’t a review of the movie; I have to watch it again because some dumbass pretty much ruined my night. I’m so pissed off that I almost went to the counter and asked for my money back

And, it should have been a good time too.

I was able to get a ticket into a digital projector theater and found a good seat. Well, the theater was packed. And for the most part, the audience behaved themselves. Except for two, a mother and her baby, the baby proceeded to cry throughout the entire 2 hrs and 30 mins of the film.

She took a crying baby into a very harsh PG-13 movie at 9:30 PM on a Saturday night! That baby didn’t want to be there and he made sure everyone else in the theater felt the same way.

The mother only took her child outside only once! Then she brought the baby back in, where he continued to cry.

I was surprised no one got up and said something to the mother. But, there were rumbles throughout the theater each time a quiet moment happened in the film and that baby cried. Folks, this was one of the worst times I’ve had in the theater.

She must have really wanted to see the film badly, so badly that it pretty much ruined the movie for me. Are people that oblivious to the amount of disruption coming from their children?

So now there is a new rule.

Rule: If you can’t keep your child or baby quiet, don’t bring them to a theater or restaurant. I don’t have children and I didn’t pay to have your bad parenting skills thrown on me. Please get a babysitter.

5 comments:

PJ said...

The most anticipated movie of the year and a bawling kid ruined it for you? I would have got them kicked out by the staff. You should have demanded your refund.

Ammaro said...

babies and theatres dont mix, full stop!

Semaj said...

PJ: I should have, but I didn't want to get up and leave the theater. I sort of regret not getting my money back.

Ammaro: Here's something funny, I went to see it a second time and guess what? There were little kids in theater bored out of their minds and started to make noises and movie around the theater with their parents letting them.

StateOfAffairs said...

Lack of parenting should be a arrest-able offense. Can you believe people still are against birth control?

Semaj said...

Tell me about it. And these are the people that don't want to take care of their kids either.

Thanks for dropping in

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47