Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sporks

Sometimes, combining things work out well. Reese's cups (Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate) worked out well. Then there are other combos that never seemed to pan out well...like sporks.
______________________________________

Sporks

There are many inventions that are completely useless. However probably one of the worst of the bunch has to be the spork.

While feeding my dog, I noticed the contents from can dog food was a mushy solid and fork would have not done justice to scooping out half a can, so I grabbed a spoon or at least I thought it was spoon. I realized I picked up a spork. I rose it up to my eye level and thought, “This has to be the stupidest invention ever.”

Someone in the grand stupidity of things thought, “I know people have a hard time switching from a fork to a spoon. Let's combine a spoon and fork, and that can save people 1.2 seconds between switching between the two.” This inventor has to be a C student.

Fork+Spoon=Spork=profit

And, when you think about it, a spork is jack of all trades and a master of none. Sporks are the Red Mages of kitchen utensils. I mean you can't hold down meat really well while you cut it, and it doesn't handle soup too well. What about ice cream or fried rice?

I guess it is for people that don't want to pay for spoons and forks.

To my total surprise, there is a website devoted the spork, check it out.

6 comments:

MC said...

Someone invented a knork. I am not making that up.

I saw the dude on The Big Idea.

Semaj said...

Whoa, now that's just a crazy invention. Does that mean you have to be careful how you eat with the fork portion of the Knork?

MC said...

I think the knife part isn't sharp... it is just much narrower than a traditional fork tine so you can more easily cut things into bite-sized portions.

My question from the site is when was the last time you ate an apple with a fork?

Semaj said...

Okay, that clears it up.

As far as eating apple slices or whole apples with a fork, I've never attempted that and I'm the type of person that would have tried if someone dared me.

Though I do eat shrimp fried rice with a spoon!

PJ said...

Did you see the scene in Wall-E, when he didn't know where to put the spork , and left it between the forks and the spoons.

Semaj said...

No, I haven't watched it yet. I've been meaning to too. Perhaps next week and hopefully Kids Free

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47