Monday, July 21, 2008

The Dark Knight (Part 2 of 3)

The Joker enjoys watching 10 Things I Hate About You for the 27th time in his jail cell.
____________________________________________________

I like that they chose Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent. Eckhart just brings an honorable drive to character of the DA of Gotham. While there are some problems toward the end with Two-Face, I enjoyed the Harvey Dent as the hero both Gordon and Batman want to become.

So if you look closely at the movie, you will discover that Aaron Eckhart is the main star of the movie. I personally would have gone is a slightly different direction with Two-Face, but I like how he became the character and Harvey Dent is just a cool character. And there is a shocker that surprised me involving Two-Face’s origins and it’s a nice twist in the plot.

The character of Rachel Dawes had to be recast when Katie Holmes left over a ‘scheduling conflict’. And, I’m glad that brought in Maggie Gyllenhaal, because she improved upon the role and actually has acting chops, thus making the character stronger. Holmes went on to make Mad Money and nothing else.

There is about a one-minute scene that I won’t give away that Gyllenhaal really plays well and it is a touching moment. However, some of her scenes are a bit boring and slow down the movie. I’m generally not a fan of this character, but she works in the overall plot of the movie. They should have never put Holmes in the role in the first place.

Gary Oldman, who at one point didn’t have much on his acting plate until the Harry Potter films, finds himself in an expanded role. While Gordon does trust Batman, there is some tension between Harvey Dent and him. I really enjoyed how Oldman plays this character this time around. Gordon knows some of his cops are corrupt, but he needs them to fight his bigger war on crime, and that creates a riff between Dent and his department.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47