Thursday, July 10, 2008

Heroes (season one) (1 of 3)

Heroes (season one) (1 of 3)

Since I try to keep my TV watching to a minimal, I never was into Heroes in its first run. My friends kept telling me to watch the show and that I’d enjoy it. But, I don’t watch Prime Time TV and I watch most shows on DVD or on websites. When the DVD for Heroes came out at Blockbusters, I decided to give the show a try. And I’m happy that I did.

Like Lost, there are a huge number of characters that all have storylines and subplots that intermingle with each other. Since the group is huge, I thought the writers would have trouble keeping up with their respective stories. However, I was wrong.

What the writers did was make a central story that each character was on course to meet toward the end of the season. Plus, I enjoyed the comic book story of the episodes, which each episode felt like an issue of a yearlong season.

I didn’t think a network show could pull off movie quality scenes, but the producers of the show somehow pulled it off. Heroes isn't a prefect show, there is enough cool sci-fi moments to give it a positive pass.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47