Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Two girls killed in a Hit and Run near U of L.

Two girls killed in a Hit and Run near U of L.

((A four and five year old and one of their mothers were walking near the University of Louisville when they were struck by a car and left for dead.))

I realized this was the same area I received my traffic ticket last year and this is my walking route every other day.

So, I walked through the area yesterday and saw the huge shrine of toys, dolls, and teddy bears on the corner where these little girls were hit.

It was probably one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen. Besides the hundreds of things left for the little girls there were pictures left on the telephone poll and a few roses here and there.

I’m a guy that doesn’t show my emotions that much, except for anger, but the sight of this shrine of toys just really got to me. I was really shaken up from seeing how much people care about these little girls, despite the fact they didn’t know them. It pretty much stayed with me the rest of my walk through the city.

The outpouring of emotions from everyone in the city is amazing and it shows how much people care. Pretty much people from all religions and backgrounds left something at this place.

It sickens me that our justice system failed and let this guy out of prison to kill these two girls. But, I’ll have more on this guy in a later post.

You can check out the rest of the pictures here.

I think this photo was taken today.

______________________________________________________

It all started with two people leaving a teddy bear and then other people started to leave things at the sight of the incident.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47