Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Director’s Cuts vs. Theatrical Cuts Part 2 of 2

http://www.filmwad.com/featured-theatrical-cuts-vs-director-s-cuts-2495-p.html

Alexander: While the movie will always be a piece of crap, seeing more footage of Rosario Dawson naked and jumping around in bed was always welcome in my book. I still don’t think the changes made to this horrible film is justified. Then again more Dawson is just great…

With two cuts out there, there is another; Alexander Revisited: The Final Unrated Cut. Even though I still hate the other cuts, I’ll have to pick this one up too.

Superman II: I’ve mentioned a lot about this one, so what the writer says in the link is sound.

Blade Runner: Even if Scott’s first director’s cut was the official cut, I believe the movie would have still bombed in the theaters. The article states that the ‘director’s cut’ wasn’t really a director’s cut to begin with. It was pieced together from unused footage without Scott’s permission.

I like both version of this movie. I like the voiceover of the original, but there I love the darker ending to the dir cut.

Here's the True Ending as the director envisioned: I like the notion of not knowing when someone's time is up, and simply live life to its fullest. This is a nice call back to the main villain's final words at the end.

Blade Runner - Happy End: We don't need this extra stuff here.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Scott adds to his final cut to Blade Runner.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47