Wednesday, May 09, 2007

King George Lucas hates Spiderman 3

George Lucas is still an ass…

http://www.tmz.com/2007/05/09/britneys-rehab-boy-trashed-by-k-fed/

Okay, so Spiderman 3 isn’t the greatest movie in the world, but it is still better than most of the mess Mr. Lucas has made over the years. I’d love to see what Lucas would do with the franchise. A CGI MJ? Spiderman using the force?

(("Spider-Man 3," Lucas said, "It's silly. It's a silly movie," he tells Fox News. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?))

And, Jar-Jar is a complex character, George? It’s easy to take pot shots at someone else’s movie, but let’s look at a few of Lucas’s complex movies.

The Ewok Adventure: He loved the Ewok’s so much that he made two movies and a damn cartoon about them. Cashing in much, Lucas?

Howard the Duck: A talking duck comes into this world, there’s not much else to say. Well, Lea Thompson was cute in the movie…

Willow: George Lucas’ take on Lord of the Rings with that Ewok guy and that guy from Batman Forever.

Let's not forget that Lucas hated Empire Strikes Back...

8 comments:

Mayren said...

HERETIC! Ok i'm all for bringing down the dark overlord Lucas - but come on! Willow? Willow is awesomeness to the 100th power!

Howard the Duck is a cheesy idea that was executed really well. Lea Thompson kicked alot of butt in that flick.

Ewok Adventures... well Lucas was totally in it for just the cash but I love Ewoks so the cute factor sold me on these movies.

I can't beleive i actually disagree with almost all of this post.

Semaj said...

lol, I've taken a lot of flack from my friends that love Willow. There's something about that movie that hasn't aged well. Plus, I hate when everyone becomes pigs (am I remembering that correctly?) in the movie.

To be fair, Willow has a strong cult following, which includes my friends too.

Howard the Duck: Man, I love that theme song at the end Lea sings "They call him Howard the Duck!..."

MC said...

I am a Willow fan as well though my love of the movie isn't as strong as when I was a kid.

Semaj said...

That's the way I feel about Krull or beast master. Now, watching them today, they dont hold up as well.

Mayren said...

Krull didn't hold well and Beastmaster is good if your really in the mood to let go and focus on the flick only. Like lazy Sunday afternoons.

I love Willow err Professor Flitwick err Whatever his name is.
I think it holds up. I was going to say i can see how someone wouldn't like it but I dont.
I do however respect that your tastes do not include Willow.
That's too bad.
I bet you hate "Hook",
"War Games",
and "Labyrinth" too?

Semaj said...

Hook: I've never seen the movie all the way through. from what I've seen, I don't think Steven S should have gotten the bashing he received for that film.

War Games: I grew up on this movie. This was one of the reasons 80s movies rule.

Labyrinth: Jennifer Connelly and her thick eyebrows=hot. Plus David Bowie with a spiked mullet, and the wonderful work of Jim Henson made this movie a weird but fun classic.

Note: I went over to a guy’s apartment and there were about six guys in there getting very high and drunk while watching this movie. And they were into it.

Mayren said...

Labyrinth is my all time favorite movie and has been since i was 9 years old. it's sacred to me. I mean how do you beat evil-ish Muppets, plus songs?

As a Tradition going on 20 years this Month, I always watch Labyrinth for my Birthday without fail.

Semaj said...

That troll creature was always freaky .

Bowie makes fun of himself in The Venture Bros season 2 finale, where they mention Labyrinth. If you ever get a chance check it out

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47