Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Nordberg, uh, OJ gets the Boot

OJ gets banned from a Louisville restaurant

I didn't even know that OJ was in town, Louisville, Ky.

((The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts. ))

Wait, they let OJ out of CAL? Listen, I'm going to admit something; I'm black and I think OJ did it. Anyway, I know that everyone and their grandmothers where here for the Ky Derby. But who invited OJ? OJ is the kind of guy that no one wants at a party, but ends up showing up anyway. Then, everyone is too scared to tell him to leave, because he’s freaking OJ. However, one guy did...

(("I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct." ))

Can a brother get a steak in this town? Give him one of those butter knives to cut his steak or have it precut.

(("I didn't want that experience in my restaurant," Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention "makes me sick to my stomach." ))

Or you sure it wasn't your food?

((He said he went to Simpson's table and said, "I'm not serving you." Ruby said when Simpson didn't respond, he repeated himself and left the room. ))

“But can you sign this hat?”

((Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

"He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.))

Take that statement anyway you want to. I'd be very scared right now. Don't piss off OJ.

All jokes aside...

My thoughts: It does sicken me that OJ walks around like nothing happen, and pretends that he had nothing to do with the murders. It also pisses me off that he let the money get to him and pretty much left the Black Community behind, but when he got in trouble he went back to the very community he abandoned for support.

And what did black leaders do? They supported him. This was the wrong move. (I'm looking at you too R Kelly)

However, some of the fault also goes to White America too. For one, this is just one 'famous' black man that got free. I've seen many white people still get angry over this. But, how many guilty people have been set free in our system white or black? Why does this one trial get under their skin? Shouldn't we be outraged with the entire system?

We should be outraged, but for the right reasons.

  1. For the right money, guilty people can be set free. We can thank Rebert Blake and OJ for that. But they did snag Paris.

  2. With a flawed court system, many guilty people are set free. This needs to be changed. We need a major overhaul of the system, but need the right Lawgivers in there to make the change.

  3. Why is it we only care about it when it's the trial of the century?

That crazy Nordberg!

4 comments:

MC said...

It does bother me that the rich are judged by a separate standard than other people.

And it bothers me that white collar criminals who steal millions get a slap on the wrist as well.

Anonymous said...

it's amazing, the double standard legal system we have. but legally speaking, oj was found not guilty, and therefore under law, whether or not he actually did it, no one should be able to discriminate and get away with it.

but our system works like this. common people get treated i think somewhat fairly, rich people get away with a lot, but celebrities get all of the attention and the highest scrutiny.

those are my opinions, obviously debatable.

paul

Semaj said...

MC: Dave Chapelle did a skit about this, and he summed it up pretty well.

People forget the amount of victims that are in white collar crimes.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Paul: I agree with you.

It's true that once OJ was found not guilty he shouldn't get the treatment he receives now.

I am just surprised he walks around and pretends that nothing happened and the fact his lawyers keep using racism as a case.

MC said...

Paul: he is a deadbeat legally speaking though, and he acknowledges that publicly. I mean, he lost a civil case about that same incident that he was found not guilty of in criminal proceedings. I think that alone could be used against him at any establishment.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47