Thursday, May 03, 2007

Die Hard 4 plays it safe...

Please tell me this isn’t so…Die Hard 4.0 is PG-13?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32511

If this is true, this is really going to piss me off.

((A reader named Ed Wilson tipped me off to the following outrageous lunacy:

"In June's VANITY FAIR, it states that Bruce Willis was initially
disappointed that his fourth DIE HARD film will likely be cut to get a PG-13
rating rather than an R. 'I really wanted this one to live up to the promise
of the first one, which I always thought was the only really good one.' And
he's not happy about it. 'That's a studio decision that is becoming more and
more common, because they're trying to reach a broader audience. It seems
almost a courageous move to give a picture an R rating these days. But we
still made a pretty hardcore, smashmouth film.'"))

No Die Hard movie should ever be anything but R-rated. I know that FOX is feeling sheepish about an R-rating because of Grindhouse, and the PG13 is a safe way of making money, but what’s the damn point? If turning movies into PG13 films is the new trend, it’s probably better that you don’t make anymore Die Hard movies or anything with action in it. Alien vs. Predator PG13, and we all know how well that ended up.

Hollywood has really disappointed me lately, PG13 horror movies and all.

This pretty much guarantees I won’t see this in the theaters.

While I’m still certain this movie won’t nearly be as good as part 3, but a R-rated will help cull the pain. Here’s hoping they change their minds.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was listening on the radio this morning an interview with a drunk bruce willis that he enjoyed this movie better the first one. then again, he returned for "whole ten yards."

paul

MC said...

I say BOOOOOO! if PG 13 was the plan.

Anonymous said...

What MC said.

Still gonna see it though!

MC said...

My favorite Die Hard line ever wasn't a Bruce Willis quip... it was John Amos response in this exchange from Die Hard II

John McClane: I guess I was wrong about you. You're not such an asshole after all.
Grant: Oh, you were right about me. I'm just your kind of asshole.

Semaj said...

Paul: I still haven't heard or seen that interview yet, I need to get around to watching it. Oh, man "ten Yards" was sooo bad. I was forced to watch it again over a friend's house, I tried to talk them out of watching it.

Yvonne: I'm still thinking about it, I'll probably give in and watch it anyway. I'm a Die Hard fan

MC: There's so many great lines in the series that just makes it stand out from many of its clones.

My favorite is the one in Die Hard III between Bruce and Sam Jackson.

Zeus: Boy, is he pissed.
John McClane: Maybe he'll feel better when he looks in the back seat.
Zeus: DAMN! That was MY gold bar!

or

John McClane: You think we should call a fire truck?
Zeus: Fuck 'em, just let 'em cook!

Anonymous said...

Man, it's been ages since I've seen DHWAV. All I can remember is the cheesy marching music during the bank robbery.

Oh, and: "FOUR GALLONS!"

Semaj said...

It's probably one of my fave Action films, that and Lethal weapon 2

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47