Monday, April 02, 2007

Shrek 4?

More than Shrek The 3rd

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19663

Comment: Yeah, I liked Shrek 2 better than the first one, but do we really need a 4th one and a Christmas special?

(("We know there is a 'Shrek 4' and I know the story. It's actually very good and very funny," he confessed. But, when asked if it's in pre-production, Aretos smiled and said, "I am going to use the Scooter Libby thing. I do not recall."

We did manage however to find out a little more about another project called "Shrek the Halls," which is a half-hour Christmas special that will air on ABC. Art director Peter Zaslav told us that while there will be a couple of new characters, it will primarily consist of ones that we are already familiar with.
))

A Christmas special? Man, you’re killing the franchise. How about we stop at part 3 and call it a day.

Note: I still enjoy the fact that the entire Shrek franchise is one big dis to Disney.

Yeah, there’s talk about giving this little guy a spin off too. Do we really need to do that?

___________________________________________________________

Before his death, Imdb states that Chris Farley was cast and actually did some of the recording for the role of Shrek in the first movie. It would be cool to hear some of that stuff, but I doubt we’ll ever hear it.


6 comments:

MC said...

It all depends on how good the script is really.

Semaj said...

you're right, but there's more of a chance of sucking the more they keep making follow ups.

I'm sure Shrek 3 will be good though

Anonymous said...

Everyone is doing this half hour or twenty minute special these days, i have the Madagascar one, with the Penguins and Christmans and then there is an Ice Age one, Scrat's Time something, i don't mind it, but they always do a Christmas one, not a fan of that

Semaj said...

I didn't know about the Ice Age one. Did that one come out on the DVD special features?

Yeah, the Christmas ones are generally too sweet sometimes. We all remember the Star Wars one, man that one is just bad!

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched it myself, but i believe it's on the Ice Age 2 DVD, but it's rather short, under 10 minutes. It did get an Oscar nod though...

Semaj said...

Cool thanks for the head up, I'll try to get my hands on that DVD.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47