Thursday, February 09, 2006

Dating Sucks, so do you

Dork Guy: “I brought you out here to tell you that I hate you.”

Lady: “Well, I am actually a lesbian, and I’ve been cheating on you for years.”

Semaj: “Aint love grand.”

______________________________________________________

Yeah that crappy holiday called valentine day will be here before we know it. Thanks to this site here http://www.topdatingtips.com/top-dating-tips.htm

I know what it is like to have a successful date. (Jeff does these tip responses all the time on his blog all the time, so I figured I’d give it a try.)

1 Get prepared for dating. If you really want to succeed in the dating game, decide who you are looking for, do your research and be ready to commit to dating. Half heartedness won't work. Also prepare for some let downs along the way but don't take dating too seriously either.

Okay, how about ¼ heartedness? What kind of research is this? Stalking out the potential date target? So if I have faulty intelligence, do I still go in for the date?

Let downs, check. I’ve had more let downs than a chopper. Don’t take dating seriously; uh I don’t take anything seriously.

2 Get your act together. Begin a regime of looking your best. Join a gym, read health magazines, get fit and start a diet. Get your hair cut or styled and begin a new regime of good grooming or beauty treatment. Though it will not find you a date in itself, you will feel a million times more confident about yourself.

“Get your act together” Okay, now you sound like all my high school teachers, oy. So, reading health magazines magically makes you lose weight right?

I don’t have to worry about cutting my hair, because I keep it clean-shaven. Beauty treatment doesn’t sound manly…

3 Go shopping and treat yourself to new clothes and even a whole new look. Get your image right, one that you can manage and live with, but one that flatters you. Don't go overboard and look like someone you are not but maybe its time to throw out those tired jeans, old sweaters or cardigans and spruce yourself up. People appreciate appearance.

As long as the clothes are under ten dollars. I’m cheap. Simple T-shirt and cheap oversized blue jeans, check. Cheap clothes say: Cheap guy.

4 Have a good think about what your dating goals are and timescales. Do you see yourself married within 2 years? If you do then approach dating accordingly. If you are more laid back and don't take dating too seriously then ask yourself some honest questions about why you are dating and what you hope to achieve. If it is purely sex then ask yourself if you are about to be honest with those you hope to date

I don’t even see myself dating in 2 years let alone married. It’s about getting laid.

5 Sort out your confidence levels in advance. By following the first four tips you will feel better and be more focused. Do all the things that will boost your confidence from avoiding negative friends (often the married ones) to attending the right kind of social functions. Couples at dinner parties in suburbia is not necessarily where you need to be right now.

HP: 237

MP: 47

Luck: 12

Defense: 89

Attack: 90

Confidence Level: 04

I need to get into more random battles in the dating forest to raise my Confidence Level.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Let me check my scale of Valentine's Single Bitterness ... yep, you're a 9, which is definitely appropriate sourness as others celebrate VD. I'm only at 8.5 this year, but I think it's because I listened to that Natasha Bedingfield song "These Words" the other day.

Semaj said...

Hee-Hee, yeah i think all single people get this way each year. We should start a single person's day. Not sure what to call it.

dating tips for guys said...

Ah..Valentine's Day. The supposed "holiday" that's making companies richer.

Hey if you play your cards right, it can be the day when you get lucky.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47