Wednesday, September 15, 2010

20 Worst TV Shows List from Heavy.com

20 Worst TV Shows List from Heavy.com

If you head over to Heavy.com, they have a list of the worst shows that were on TV. I pretty much agree with them. Here are a few worth noting from that site.

The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer: I mentioned this site before on my blog. I remember UPN really promoting the heck out of this show and sometimes soaking in on the controversy leading up to the premiere. It was really a poorly made show more than anything else. Think of all the failed UPN shows from that channel.

Osbournes Reloaded: What were they thinking? The old reality show was already wearing out its welcome when they started making Osbourne merchandise like shirts and dolls, and then someone thought it was a bright idea to make a variety show. Has variety shows worked in the last 20 years? I hope to never see another Osbourne on TV ever again.

Cavemen: Hey, let’s base a show on those unfunny Geico ads with the Cavemen. On just that principle alone, I refused to watch the show.

Baywatch Nights: Yeah, the first season was a poorly written detective show, but they turned it into a monster show by the second season. So, Mitch was fighting monsters at night and saving people’s lives during the day as a lifeguard? The only thing good to come out of that show was the lovely Angie Harmon.

Woops!: I have never in my life heard of this show. But, they called the show a post-apocalyptic sitcom. What the hell? Basically the entire world has just died in a nuclear war and six people gather at a farm house and hilarity ensues. Is there any humor in watching the very last survivors of the human race living together? Of course, the show was on FOX and it actually lasted ten episodes before being canceled. Did they really need to stretch it out to ten?

You’re in the Picture: I mentioned this before but it was the precursor for The Jackie Gleason Show. The show lasted one and a half episodes. I just watched the first episode and it is really terrible. Here are the video clips from that show Part 1 Part 2 Part 3.

Shasta McNasty: Another UPN reject show. I knew someone that enjoyed the show and he wasn’t ashamed to admit it. You know your show is in trouble when it stars Jake Busey. You know that guy from Starship Troopers. Here is a clip here.

4 comments:

MC said...

Shasta McNasty wasn't that bad. The fact that Verne Troyer beat the crap out of Jake Busey elevates it.

I admit I started watching it because I thought Mary Lynn Rajskub was cute back then (she was Diana on the pilot).

Semaj said...

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Oh, crap she was on that show. I guess being on that show goes back to the fact she was comedian first before getting into drama. I remember her small part in Dude Wheres my car. She certainly has an unconventional beauty to her. I heard her on the Adam Carolla podcast and I liked her deadpan remarks.

MC said...

I watched a lot of bad television to see Mary Lynn Rajskub. She did quite a few guest spots on Veronica's Closet (and I hated the Space Church back then too). *shame*

Semaj said...

Yeah, that's right. I'm sure she has some behind the scenes stories about Alley and some other incident. You have to wonder if Alley had enough pull to have one of those Space Church booths set up on the set like Tom Cruise has on his sets.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47