Saturday, September 18, 2010

What Happened to Joaquin Phoenix? It was fake after all.

What Happened to Joaquin Phoenix? It was fake after all.

Many people questioned if Mr. Phoenix's career and mental breakdown was real. Well, it turns out the jig is up. Casey Affleck, freshly freed from his sexual harassment lawsuit, finally admitted that the rapping Phoenix was all fake for the film “I'm Still Here”.

From NY Times, ((“I never intended to trick anybody,” said Mr. Affleck, an intense 35-year-old who spoke over a meat-free, cheese-free vegetable sandwich on Thursday. “The idea of a quote, hoax, unquote, never entered my mind.” ))

They even went as far as not booking him for any acting gigs for two years. His last movie was Two Lovers back in 2008. So, technically he really has been out of work for that long. That's still super devotion to your craft when you don't line up any gigs while preforming this act.

And, Phoenix's interview with Letterman was absolutely brilliant. That had more to do with Letterman selling Phoenix's act. And, you have to love the ZZ Top look too.

Here's the trailer.



10 comments:

MC said...

Yeah, but I thought we had this whole thing figured out after that Letterman performance.

Semaj said...

Yeah, you showed that earlier clip with him and it seemed like a completely different person.

From what I read, Letterman wasn't in on the joke either and it caught him by surprise.

Semaj said...

Well, crap, now they're saying Letterman was in on it and so were some of his staff

Jaqua said...

You guys are so full of it. Good ( ok not really), job of trying to cover his butt though.

I know a drug addled brain when I see it and hear it. Not to mention, that is one spoiled, self centered imbecile of a man.

The only thing I can say in his defense is it may be due to fall out from his brothers death. For that I feel for him.
But please don't piss on our leg and tell us its raining.

Semaj said...

That is an interesting theory, and you're not the only that believes. I believe Dr. Drew also said this was addictive behavior

Semaj said...

That is an interesting theory, and you're not the only that believes. I believe Dr. Drew also said this was addictive behavior

Jaqua said...

The funny thing is, if I really thought it was a scam I would actually feel even worse towards him.

What kind of mind thinks this behavior is acceptable? I would never act this way and hope people would find it adorable. JoaquinPhoenix is very out of touch with the way people think.

Either way I am no longer a fan of his and do not wish to watch any more of his movies. I certainly would not waste my time with his music.

Semaj said...

oh, I would avoid his music too

jmarchand said...

Umm. I don't believe it. That documentary seemed preety real to me. After the David letterman interview he was broke down and embarrassed.

Semaj said...

It was fake, the directer admitted it was fake. But there are some moments in the movie that seem real though, like the breakdown at the end.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47