Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bobby Brown “Every Little Step”

Bobby Brown “Every Little Step”

Speaking of Bobby Brown, I remember hearing one of his songs in GTA. I was like, “I had totally forgotten about most of his songs with the exception of his work in New Edition and that Ghostbusters II song.

The song is clearly set during the beginning of the New Jack Swing age just like many of Bobby Brown's songs from his Don't Be Cruel album.

Notes

~The women wearing the skin-tight, black, mini-skirts are pleasing to the eyes. I also like that the damn video opens with the three women! We know where the mind of the director was focused on. We also get shots of the camera zooming in on the girls’ asses. Very classy.

~I also like the oversized letters in the background that tell us the name of the video. As if we’d forget.

~Put a damn under-shirt on, Bobby.

~Like the Wiki says, I do remember people doing the dances preformed in the video.

~The Gumby hairstyle is really bad. Sorry, Bobby.

~The Album version has people talking at the beginning while the video version doesn’t.

~Is there a bash against New Edition in Bobby's rap portions? It sound like it to me.

For the pure cheese of the late 80’s/early 90s, I still like this song. Plus, this was before Bobby turned into a washed up singer hooked on drugs (allegedly).

Grade: C+

Here’s the extended version of the song. (A lot of songs during that age had extended versions of the original songs for clubs)

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47