Friday, February 05, 2010

This is not like that Knight Foundation ( Brittany Murphy)

That Brittany Murphy Foundation

I’m going to say something that will probably get me in trouble, but…

There is something not right about this Foundation. And, you know what it is? Her husband Simon “I need money right now” Monjack is behind the Foundation. Giving cash (donations) to this guy just doesn’t seem right to me. I’m all for giving donations to foundations, but this guy has had a history of money and legal issues.

It’s like a snake-oil salesman was given the keys to the Foundation. And, I’m sure there will be a percentage of that money will go to the arts for children, but something tells me that Monjack will take a (Space Church like) portion of that for himself. Once a snake-oil salesman always a snake-oil salesman.

Before he canceled it, Simon Monjack was going to launch the foundation with party. He was going to ask 1,000 from anyone attending the event. Would you want to give your money to a guy that planned on suing a major studio for the death of Murphy? Nope, I wouldn’t too. Don’t give this guy one dime.

Instead of handing over your money to the current foundation, how about making your own scholarship or grant in her name and make sure it goes to someone deserving than a washed up screenwriter that has had a criminal past. If you are a fan of Brittany Murphy, then don’t give the money to him.

Side Note: How’s that Sigmund Freud project coming along, Simon?

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47