Monday, February 08, 2010

The 30th Golden Raspberry Awards (Part 1 of 2) Nominations

The 30th Golden Raspberry Awards (Part 1 of 2)

Golden Rapsberry Nominations for 2009 are out. I wanted to go through the list and give my two cents. Since I am a self-appointed critic, I think some of the nominations are on the money and some a little mean-spirited. (I know. I am a mean SOB myself.)

Worst Picture

All About Steve: I haven’t endured this movie yet, but everyone has said that this movie is pure garbage. I like Sandra Bullock, but this was even a huge misstep in the eyes of her fans. I heard the studio buried the movie, but dug it up when The Hangover came out. Both starred Bradley Cooper. By the way, the movie is currently at 6%.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra: I wanted to hate this popcorn movie, but I found myself kind of enjoying the movie purely on a popcorn level. It was certainly more entertaining than Transformers II.

Land of the Lost: Okay, I’ve heard this movie wasn’t that bad. Some people have recommended this comedic remake to me. Makes me wonder why this movie is on the list?

Old Dogs: Why not just call this movie Wild Hogs II. Hell, the title is almost the same.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: Okay, sure. I think this movie will probably win. Bay certainly is hated the most out of the list, but All About Steve might have a chance.

Worst Actor

Will Ferrell in Land of the Lost : Really? Does he deserve it? This has more to do with the Ferrell backlash.

The Jonas Brothers in Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience : I don't understand why people like these guys. Did they need to make a movie from their concert?

Steve Martin in The Pink Panther 2 : Steve should win for this one, but he has some challengers.

Eddie Murphy in Imagine That : Poor Eddie Murphy.

John Travolta in Old Dogs : I would like to see him win another one.

Worst Actress

BeyoncĂ© in Obsessed: It probably won’t happen. I think it deserves it.

Sandra Bullock in All About Steve: I don’t think she’ll win because she’s gotten a lot of praise for The Proposal and The Blind Side. I’m hoping she doesn’t win either, because I really like Sandra Bullock.

Miley Cyrus in Hannah Montana: The Movie: It won’t happen, sorry.

Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: Megan Fox deserves to get an award for her TF role. Somehow, she has gotten worst in her acting.

Sarah Jessica Parker in Did You Hear About the Morgans?: I only heard about this movie being bad, and I haven’t even seen a trailer. I do know it bombed at the box office.

Worst Supporting Actor

Billy Ray Cyrus in Hannah Montana: The Movie: I’m not really a fan of his, but I think it is fitting that his daughter is a bigger star than he is now. I think that is far worst than getting an award.

Hugh Hefner in Miss March: Does he even know he’s on Earth? Somehow, this guy has gotten a nomination for playing himself. Well done, Hugh.

Robert Pattinson in The Twilight Saga: New Moon: Probably will win…

Jorma Taccone in Land of the Lost

Marlon Wayans in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra: Sorry, his role was very muted in this movie. He mostly wanted to bang Scarlet.

Worst Supporting Actress

Candice Bergen in Bride Wars : She should win, but that probably won’t happen. I hate this movie so much.

Ali Larter in Obsessed

Sienna Miller in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Kelly Preston in Old Dogs

Julie White in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

6 comments:

MC said...

I heard that All About Steve is so bad, it could have appeared near the top of that Empire list if it wasn't voted on by fanboys.

Seriously, it is supposedly one of the worst movies released in years.

Semaj said...

I'm half tempted to rent the movie when I get the chance, but it will probably be released on HBO instead.

Yeah, it has been ranked by critics as one of the worst.

MC said...

See, if Sandra Bullock wins, she said she will show up to accept... now imagine that speech.

Semaj said...

I'd love to hear that speech. I'd like to know how she feels about this movie. I'm not sure if she even promoted this movie.

Voltron said...

Glad I'm not the only one that though GI Joe was more entertaining than TF 2. For some reason everyone I know loved TF 2. Crossing my fingers for Twilight-related Rasberries!

Semaj said...

GI Joe felt more like the series than say TF. It seemed focused on making a fun popcorn story.

Twilight II should win a few

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47