Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nickelback (Chad Kroeger) vs. a Pickle : (Pickleback? Pickle-gate?)

Nickelback (Chad Kroeger) vs. a Pickle

Never made it as a pickleman.”

That’s right you heard that correctly. Coral Anne decided to create a facebook page in an attempt to get more fans than the Super Sucky band Nickelback. The name of the page is “Can this pickle get more fans than Nickleback?” . Somehow, this page became a movement. She wanted to see if a pickle could get more fans than Nickelback on Facebook, but it turned into something bigger.

She had this to say about Nickelback, ((I also need to explain that I do not "hate" Nickelback. Are they one of my favourite bands? No they are not, but, and as "gay" as anyone here wants to think of me as, I didn't make this page to endorse hate, I made it for humour. We may not all see beauty in all artists or see all artists from the same viewpoint, and I think some of us are deeper than others and I think different people look for different things within different music. I think it is true that what a lot of people look for in an artist can not be found in Nickelback and their music, which I completely understand.))

Yet, the revolution of the pickle grew and grew until it took over the band's amount of fans on their facebook. The fact Nickelback has any fans amazes me. They're like a slightly better version of Creed. As of this writing, the Pickle Page has nearly 1,491,123 fans. News sites have been even reporting on this thing and vlogger have also reported on it.

What got me interested in the story was that supposedly lead singer Chad (D-Bag) Kroeger threatened to shutdown the page. I’m hoping it wasn’t him. If it was, then it is probably one of the biggest douche bag moves ever. Though it does smell like this Chad Kroeger might be a fake, but he's ego might just be that inflated that he would try to destroy the page.

And, yes I even joined the fan page. I'm a true hater of Nickelback, but not as much as Creed. But, I love sweet pickles, and I'm sure an actual pickle could make better music than Nickelback.

Just for shits and giggles, I'm going to re-post the Nickelback Shreds

Re-post of “This is how you remind of Someday”


Is this Chad real?
______________________________________________


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nickelback rocks. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. I interviewed Chad kroeger for our blog. Check it out. He is SUCH a douche.
http://designchicks.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/celeb-interviews-chad-kroeger/

Semaj said...

That was a funny interview. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Nickelback rules! I love their music!

Semaj said...

Not my cup of tea.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47