Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Shrek: Welcome To Duloc

Watching Shrek I, I can’t believe how funny the movie still is after all these years. I decided to give the movie another spin when I saw it was available to watch on HBO On Demand. I sat there watching and laughing. It seems Dreamworks really put a lot of effort into this movie, which makes me wonder why they didn’t try with Shrek III. I especially liked all the Disney jokes.

People are generally under the impression that the movie is merely parodying Fairytales, but it’s actually bashing the Disney Company as well. Dreamworks wasn’t sure if Disney was going to sue.

One of the funniest Disney-bashing moments is when Shrek and Donkey discover the Welcome to Duloc puppet song. I still laugh every time I see this scene.

Notes:

-If you watch at the beginning, they both thing it is a bomb ticking in the box.

-The Trivia Page for Shrek mentions that this song is direct parody of “It’s a Small World”. Both songs are even in the same key. Interestingly enough, they made fun of “It’s a Small World” in the Lion King too.

-Donkey’s reaction to the song is what sells it. “Let’s do that again!”

-I love this quote the best.

((Keep your feet off the grass
Shine your shoes, wipe your...face))

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47